IAS Mains Exam : General Studies 3 Question Paper of Previous Year
The UPSC 2019 Mains GS Paper III was conducted on Sunday, September 22 (Forenoon Session). The questions asked in IAS exam seemed quite easy as compared to last two GS Papers held. There were 20 questions asked in both English and Hindi Language. Each of the question carried 12.5 marks and they are indicated against it.
All the questions were compulsory to attempt. Answers to each of the question should not be more than 200 words.
IAS Mains Question Paper for General Studies Paper 3
The questions asked in IAS Exam in General Studies Paper 3 are as follows. Keep checking the website for IAS Mains General Studies Paper Analysis.
- Enumerate the indirect taxes which have been subsumed in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in India. Also, comment on the revenue implications of the GST introduced in India since July 2017.
- Do you agree with the view that steady GDP growth and low inflation have left the Indian economy in good shape? Give reasons in support of your arguments
- How far is the Integrated Farming System(IFS) helpful in sustaining agricultural production?
- Elaborate on the impact of National Watershed Project in increasing agricultural production from water-stressed areas.
- How was India benefited from the contributions of Sir M. Vishvesvaraya and Dr M.S. Swaminathan in the fields of water engineering and agricultural science respectively?
- What is India’s plan to have its own space station and how will it benefit our space programme?
- Coastal sand mining, whether legal or illegal, poses one of the biggest threats to our environment. Analyze the impact of sand mining along the Indian coasts, citing specific examples.
- Vulnerability is an essential element for defining disaster impacts and its threat to people. How and in what ways can vulnerability to disasters be characterized?
- The banning of “Jamaat-e-Islami” in Jammu and Kashmir brought into focus the role of over-ground workers (OGWs) in assisting terrorist organizations. Examine the role played by OGWs in assisting terrorist organizations in insurgency affected areas. Discuss measures to neutralize the influence of OGWs.
- Given the vulnerability of Indian agriculture to vagaries of nature, discuss the need for crop insurance and bring out the salient features of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
- What is the CyberDome Project? Explain how it can be useful in controlling internet crimes in India.
- It is argued that the strategy of inclusive growth is intended to meet the objectives of inclusiveness and sustainability together. Comment on this statement.
- The public expenditure management is a challenge to the Government of India in the context of budget-making during the post-liberalization period. Clarify it.
- What are the reformative steps taken by the Government to make food grain distribution system more effective?
- Elaborate on the policy taken by the Government of India to meet the challenges of the food processing sector. (Answer in 250 words) 15
How is the Government of India protecting traditional knowledge of medicine patenting by pharmaceutical companies?
- How can biotechnology help to improve the living standards of farmers?
- Define the concept of carrying capacity of an ecosystem as relevant to an environment. Explain how understanding this concept is vital while planning for sustainable development of a region.
- Disaster preparedness is the first step in any disaster management process. Explain how hazard zonation mapping will help disaster mitigation in the case of landslides.
- Indian Government has recently strengthened the anti-terrorism laws by amending the Unlawful Activities (prevention) Act (UAPA), 1967 and the NIA Act. Analyze the changes in the context of prevailing security environment while discussing the scope and reasons for opposing the UAPA by human rights organizations.
- Cross-border movement of insurgents is only one of the several security challenges facing the policing of the border in North-east India. Examine the various challenges currently emanating across the Indian-Myanmar border. Also, discuss the steps to counter the challenges.
Use of internet and social media by non-state actors for subversive activities is a major security concern. How have these been misused in the recent past? Suggest effective guidelines to curb the above threat.
Download UPSC IAS 2019 Mains GS Paper-III in PDF format
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.