IAS Exam is held on multiple dates starting from December 03 to December 09, 2016. In IAS, Main exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In IAS Mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. You can choose Dogri language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Dogri language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Dogri literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Dogri paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Dogri mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed IAS Syllabus.
History of Dogri Language
1. Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
2. Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
3. Characteristic features of Dogri language.
Read About IAS Exam
4. Structure of Dogri Language:
a. Sound Structure-
|Segmental Sound Structure||Vowels and Consonants|
|Non-Segmental Sound Structure||Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.|
b. Morphology of Dogri-
c. Sentence Structure: Major Sentence - types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
5. Dogri Language and Scripts: Dogre/ Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri Literature
1. A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
2. Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
3. Development of Dogr i shor t -story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
4. Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
5. Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent Playwrights.
6. Development of Dogri Prose: Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues.
7. An introduction to Dogri Folk literature - Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.
Read About IAS Syllabus
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.