Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on August 17, 2020, has released the Civil Services 2021 exam schedule. The commission will release the UPSC Civil Services 2021 exam notification on February 10, 2021. Know All Latest Government News at one click
The Civil Services (Main) 2021 Exam will be conducted on September 17, 2021. Releasing the exam schedule of IAS 2021 will help the candidates to choose the UPSC Mains Optional subject and start preparing for it. Know-How to Prepare for UPSC IAS 2021
IAS Mains is also an offline exam. Each paper will carry 250 marks. Among 9 descriptive papers, there will be 2 papers which comprise of the subject of your choice. Check UPSC IAS 2020 Exam Pattern
You can choose Dogri language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of Dogri language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Dogri literature.
To start preparing for Dogri, your first need to know the syllabus in detail. In the following article, you will find the syllabus of Dogri language and literature for IAS 2021 Mains Exam:
History of Dogri Language
1. Dogri language: Origin and development through different stages.
2. Linguistic boundaries of Dogri and its dialects.
3. Characteristic features of Dogri language.
Read About IAS Exam
4. Structure of Dogri Language:
a. Sound Structure-
|Segmental Sound Structure||Vowels and Consonants|
|Non-Segmental Sound Structure||Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.|
b. Morphology of Dogri-
c. Sentence Structure: Major Sentence - types and their constituents, agreement and concord in Dogri syntax.
5. Dogri Language and Scripts: Dogre/ Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri Literature
1. A brief account of Pre-independence Dogri Literature: Poetry & Prose.
2. Development of modern Dogri Poetry and main trends in Dogri Poetry.
3. Development of Dogr i shor t -story, main trends & prominent short-story writers.
4. Development of Dogri Novel, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
5. Development of Dogri Drama & contribution of prominent Playwrights.
6. Development of Dogri Prose: Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues.
7. An introduction to Dogri Folk literature - Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads.
Read About IAS Syllabus
Confused about what language you should choose for UPSC IAS 2021 Mains? Let us help you with your confusion. Check IAS Mains 2021 Optional Subjects
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.