UPSC has released a notification announcing the expected 990 vacancies and the exam schedule of UPSC IAS 2021 Exam. The UPSC Prelims has been scheduled on June 27, 2021, and UPSC IAS Mains 2021 is expected to be held on September 17, 2021. Catch up Latest Sarkari Jobs, Govt Job alerts, Sarkari Result & Vacancies 2020
In IAS Main exam there are 9 papers in total among which there are 2 optional papers which you have to choose while applying for IAS 2020 Exam. The paper-VI and VII are optional subject papers. Check UPSC IAS 2020 Prelims and Mains Exam Pattern
There will be several subjects among which you can choose the Arabic language as an optional subject in IAS Mains 2020 Exam if you have a good grip over the language and the writing skills in Arabic.
With well-planned strategies and grave knowledge, you can easily score well in Arabic literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Arabic paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Arabic mains paper is 3 hours. Here is the detailed syllabus of Arabic Optional Papers:
(a) Origin and development of the language-an outline.
(b) Significant features of the grammar of the language, Rhetorics, Prosody.
(c) Short Essay in Arabic.
Read About IAS Exam
Literary History and Literary Criticism : Socio-Cultural Background, Classical literature, literary movements, modern trends, origin and development of modern prose : drama, novel, short story, essay.
This paper will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidate's critical ability. Answers must be written in Arabic.
1. Imraul Qais : Qifa Nabke Min Zikra Habibin Wa Manzili (complete)
Al Muallaqatus Saba
2. Hassan bin Thabit : Lillahi Darru Isabatin Nadamtuhum (complete)
Diwan Hassan Bin Thabit
3. Jarir : Hayyu Umamata Wazkuru Ahdan Mada
Jalbas Sifahi Wa Damiatin Bikila
Nukhbatul Adab : Deptt. of Arabic, A.M.U. Aligarh
4. Farzdaq : Hazal Lazi Tariful Batha-o-Watatuhu (complete)
Majmuatun Minan Nazm-i-Wan Nasr, Jamia Salafiah, Varanasi
5. Al Mutanabbi : Ya Ukhta Khair-e-Akhin Ya Binta Khair-e-Abin
Aqamahul Fikru Bainal Ijz-e-Wattaabi
Nukhbatul Adab, Deptt. of Arabic, A.M.U. Alig.
6. Abul Ala Al-Maarri : Ala Fi Sabil Majdi Ma Ana Faailu
Wa Ya Nafsu Jiddi Inna Dahraki Hazilu
Majmuatul Minan Nazm-i-Wan Nasr, Jamia Salafia, Varanasi
7. Shauqi : Wulidal Huda Falkainatu Diau
Makhtara Illa Dinakal Fuqarau
Salamun Neeli Ya Ghandi (complete)
8. Hafiz Ibrahim :-Rajatu Linafsi Fattahamtu Hasati (complete)
9. Ilya Abu Madi : Damatun Kharsao (complete)
Mukhtarat Minal Sher Al Arabi Al Hadith, M.M. Badwi
Read About IAS Exam
Authors Books Lessons
1. Ibnul Muqaffa Kalilah Wa Dimnah Al Asad Wal Thaur
2. Al-Jahiz Mukhtarat Min Adabil Arab Bakhilun Hakim (complete)
Part II By : S.A. Hasan Ali Nadwi
3. Ibn Khaldun Muqaddamah Araun Fit Talim (complete)
4. Mahmud Taimur Qalar Rawi Am Mutawalli (complete)
5. Taufiqual Hakim Masrahiyat Sirrul Muntahira (complete)
6. Abbas Mahmud Aqqad Mukhtarat Min Adabil Arab-II Assiddiq (complete)
(b) Study Of Indian Authors :
1. Ghulam Ali Azad Bilgrami
2. Shah Walullah Dehlavi
3. Zulfiqar Ali Deobandl
4. Abdul Aziz Meman
5. Syed Abul Hasan Ali Hasani Nadwi
Remember not to commit grammatical mistakes. Improve writing skills for IAS Arabic literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS Exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Mains Arabic Syllabus and previous papers for reference.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.