In order to make more transparancy SSC has released the Stenographer Grade C and D Paper 1 answer key and question papers on its official website. Candidates can download their answer keys with the help of their roll numbers, password and date of examination. They are available from December 13, 2017 – January 13, 2018.
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has released the tentative answer keys of SSC Stenographer 2017 conducted on September 11 – 14, 2017. The results are prepared as per the official answer keys for Grade C and Grade D test. Check SSC Stenographer Results 2017
- Answer keys for SSC Stenographer 2017 are released on the official website, i.e, ssc.nic.in.
- Commission has published official notification for SSC Steno Answer Key
- Final SSC Stenographer Cut Off is prepared as per the vacancies available, no. of candidates appearing for exam and difficulty level of SSC Stenographer.
- Enter required credentials i.e. Roll Number, Password and Exam Date to view answer keys for SSC Stenographers 2017.
- Candidates can submit grievances from October 4, 2017 to October 8, 2017 (5.00 PM) on payment of INR 100 per question/ answer through grievance portal.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be called for SSC Stenographer Skill Test on the basis of their performance in written exam.
Listed below are quick facts about SSC Stenographer Answer Key:
- Candidates have to visit SSC Official Website i.e. ssc.ac.in to check the answer keys of SSC Stenographer.
- To check the answer keys, enter Roll Number, Password and Exam Date in which you appeared for the examination.
- Answer Keys are released separately for all the 4 sessions (A, B, C, and D) of SSC Stenographer.
Q. What is the pay scale for Grade C and Grade D?
Candidates who qualify SSC Stenographer written exam and skill test will be recruited to the posts they chose at the time of registration. The pay scale for SSC Steno Grade C and D are as follows:
SSC Steno Grade C Pay Scale
Posts – Grade C candidates are posted in Ministries or Departments of Central Government located mostly in Delhi.
Grade C Pay Scale – INR 9300 to INR 34000
SSC Steno Grade D Pay Scale
Posts – Stenographers Grade D are grouped as Group X and Group Y.
- Group X – For Dept. of Central Government located in Delhi.
- Group Y – For Dept. of Central Government including all over the country.
Grade D Pay Scale – INR 5200 to INR 20200
SSC Stenographer Answer key 2017 Date
SSC will release the official answer keys of SSC Stenographer 2017 shortly. They are available online at ssc.ac.in. Candidates are shortlisted for the round of skill test on the basis of the marks secured by them in the written examination. Option to challenge against SSC Steno 2017 Answer Key will be available for a certain period of time. Tabulated below are important dates related to the same event:
SSC Stenographer Answer Key 2017 Schedule
The answer key will be available for 3 subjects viz. General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, and English Language & Comprehension. The keys will help a candidate to calculate an approximate score in SSC Stenographer exam.
Candidates can use the answer keys for the following reasons:
- To know the correct answer for the questions asked in the examination
- It requires to know the solved steps and answers for the questions
- To evaluate the candidate’s answers with the actual answer
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date
||Answer Key Date
|September 11, 2017 (Shift I)
|September 11, 2017 (Shift II)
|September 12, 2017 (Shift I)
|September 12, 2017 (Shift II)
|September 13, 2017 (Shift I)
|September 13, 2017 (Shift II)
|September 14, 2017 (Shift I)
|September 14, 2017 (Shift II)
Challenge against SSC Stenographer Answer Key
- The conducting body of the recruitment examination has a provision to challenge the answer keys for Steno Grade C and D exam.
- Candidates have to submit their representation about the answer key.
- This can be done after paying administrative charges i.e. INR 100 per challenge/ representation.
- The challenges have to be addressed to exam board committees constituted by SSC Commission.
- In order to challenge the answer keys, enter your Roll Number and Name in the module available at SSC portal. The following screenshots indicate the same:
How to Download SSC Stenographer 2017 Answer Key?
Candidates who have successfully appeared for the examination can check the answer key to analyze their performance. Applicants are required to download answer key from SSC website.
Steps to Download SSC Stenographer Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the link “Download Answer Key 2017 for Grade C and Grade D”
- Enter Test Form No., VH Candidate and Session you appeared for and click on Submit.
- SSC Stenographer Answer Keys will appear on the screen in PDF format.
- With keys, questions paper will also be there so as to confirm if you are checking the correct question booklet or not.
- Check the answers and in case of any discrepency you can challenge the same as per the schedule.
SSC Stenographer Marking Scheme 2017
- SSC has prescribed a clear marking scheme for SSC Stenographer 2017.
- While preparing the merit list or result for the computer-based examination this marking scheme is followed.
Tabulated below is SSC Stenographer Marking Scheme:
||SSC Stenographer Marking Scheme
|Total number of questions
|Marks per Question
|Calculation of total score out of 200
||No. of correct responses – No. of incorrect responses
Note: If any answer is left unanswered no marks will be deducted.
SSC Stenographer Result 2017
- SSC Stenographer Result 2017 is announced online by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- Candidates can check their result from the official website of SSC.
- The result will be declared in PDF format.
Applicants who will successfully qualify written test will be called for SSC Stenographer Skill Test
. The final selection is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in both written test and Skill Test.
Steps to check result:
- Go to the official website of SSC.
- Click on the link “SSC Stenographer Result”
- Search your roll number and check your result.
- Download the result for future reference.
Tie Breaker in SSC Stenographer 2017
There might be a case when two candidates score clashes. In such situations, the following criteria will be followed:
- Marks scored in the computer-based test if the tie persists then;
- Candidate’s date of birth is considered i.e. older candidate is preferred first, but if the tie still exists;
- Alphabetical order in which the first name of candidates appear
SSC Stenographer 2017 Expected Cut Off
- After the declaration of SSC Stenographer Result, the exam authority will release cut off marks.
- Candidates who will obtain marks equal or more than cut off will be shortlisted for the post of Grade C and Grade D.
The table below represents SSC Stenographer Cut off 2017 :
||Post (Grade C)
||Post (Grade D)
Note: The above-mentioned statistics are expected numbers. SSC will release the official SSC Steno Cut off after the declaration of final results
Factors affecting SSC Stenographer cut off:
- Total number of seats offered
- Number of students appearing for the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Previous year cut off trends
- Reservation rules/policy
- Average performance of the candidate in the exam
SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure 2017
SSC Stenographer Selection Procedure takes place in 2 Stages viz Computer Based Test and Skill Test. In this examination, no interview is involved for final selection.
Stage 1 – Computer Based Test
- This is the first stage for shortlisting or selection of candidates for Stage 2.
- The exam consists objective type of questions.
- There are 3 sections in the examination namely General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and English Language & Comprehension. Tabulated below is the distribution of questions as per the sections in SSC Steno 2017
||No. of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|English Language & Comprehension
- The duration of exam is 2 hours. For visually handicapped candidates, time duration is 2 hours 40 minutes.
- SSC will prepare merit list based on the marks secured at this stage.
- Candidates whose names will feature in the merit list of SSC Stenographer will be given allotment as per their ranks.
Know more about SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
Stage 2 – Skill Test
- Candidates qualifying Stage 1 have to appear for Stage 2 for final recruitment.
- Candidates are given a dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade D.
- The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only.
- SSC Stenographer Skill Test is qualifying in nature and does not contribute to the merit list of candidates.
- If you forget to mention the medium in application form then it will be counted as English Medium.
Note: After final recruitment, a candidates will be on probation for 2 years and have to undergo training.