UPSC NDA (1) and (2) will be conducted on September 6, 2020 together as the NDA 1 2020 exam had got postponed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Notifications for NDA 2021 is yet to be published though it is expected to happen around the second week of January, for NDA 1. Candidates can fill the form online once it is published. However, mistakes are not uncommon and one of the major mistake that many aspirant commit is bot keeping a photograph and signature at hand in digital format and in the right dimensions.
Read on to check the complete guidelines defined by UPSC that must be followed at the time of uploading scanned photograph and signature in NDA Application Form 2021. Failing to follow the specifications will result in cancellation of candidature.
A brief about Documents Specifications are as follows:
||3 kb – 40 kb (140 pixel height * 110 pixel )
||1 kb – 40 kb (110 pixel height * 140 pixel )
NDA 2018 Photo Specifications
UPSC aspirants while scanning and uploading their Photo must take care of few points listed below:
- Photograph of the applicant must be a recent passport size color picture.
- The size of the photograph must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb.
- Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 40KB. If the size of the file is more than 40KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of color’s etc., during the process of scanning.
- NDA 2018 Photo Dimensions: 140 x 110 pixels
- NDA 2018 Photo Size: 3kb – 40kb
- NDA 2018 Photograph Background: White
NDA 2021 Signature Specifications
Along with the photograph, applicants must attach scanned images of their signature. Here are the essential specifications related to the signature image as specified by UPSC:
- Signature has to be done on a white paper with Black Ink pen.
- It must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- Image of signature must be the .jpg format.
- The pixel size of the signature should be 110 pixels height x 140 pixels width.
- The file size of the signature must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb.
- Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- NDA 2018 Signature Dimensions: 110 x 140 pixels
- NDA 2018 Signature Size: 1Kb - 40Kb
- Image Format: JPG only
- Signature Background: White
- Signature Style: The Signature should be done with a running hand
Do’s and Don’ts for NDA 2021 Photograph & Signature
- In presence of invigilator only, applicant should Sign a crossed the photograph.
- Candidates must bring additional copies of passport size photographs, clearly depicting the image with proper color’s.
- The Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. Applications without clear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- For Signature, candidates have to upload their signature in the appropriate box given in the online application form in running handwriting. Writing full name in the box in capital letters will NOT be accepted as the signature. Doing so can lead to cancellation of the application form.
Note: At NDA 2021 Exam Center, the Center Superintendent will collect candidate’s Post Card size (4”x6”) photograph affixed on Performa.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for NDA 2021
While scanning the required photograph and signatures, candidates must keep in mind the following points.
- Set the resolution of the scanner to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) and also set Color to True Color.
- File Size should be as specified above.
- The image should be cropped to the edge of the signature/photograph in the scanner, then use an editor to crop the image to the final size.
- The image file for both signature and photograph should be in JPEG format.
- If the file size, dimensions and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
After selection of the examination center for NDA 2018 (2) examination, candidates will be directed to the page where they have to upload their Photograph and Signature.
- Two separate links will be there for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- Click on the link "Upload Photograph/Signature”.
- Click on Browse and select the location where the Scanned Photo/Signature file has been saved.
- Select the respective file by clicking on it.
- Select the 'Upload' option, and press enter.
- The image preview will be generated after uploading. Here, candidates can re-check his/her uploaded images.
- If satisfied with the uploaded image then, click on “Confirm Upload” button, otherwise click the “Reload Photograph/Reload Signature” button.
Note: In case Photograph/signature is not as per specifications, the system will generate the error message.
Guidelines to Attach Photograph in NDA Application Form 2021
During NDA Registration Process, candidates tend to make errors while choosing the photograph. They often upload images which are not in accordance with the specified instructions and hence, such images get disqualified. Here are some of the common mistakes that candidates can commit:
- The photograph should be clicked by a professional camera. Avoid using mobile phone’s camera to click a picture as the image of the face gets distorted. The photograph’s background should be white.
- Avoid wearing muffler/scarf as it may cover your face. In the photograph, the face must be covering more than 75% of the total area. The photo clicked in improper lighting or flash must not be uploaded in the NDA Application form.
- The photo with shadow on the face is quite unclear and not accepted by NDA. The face should be clearly visible in the photo. Check that the image uploaded must not be of poor digital resolution (100 x 75).
- Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable for candidates having eyesight problems, but avoid wearing tinted glasses or sunglasses in the photo.
Note: The images once uploaded and submitted cannot be changed under any circumstances. Applicants are not allowed to edit the photograph by uploading an appropriate photo in the application form and submit the form again. Therefore, applicants should make sure that they are uploading images as per the guidelines to avoid rejection.