Candidates appearing for IBPS PO exam must be acquainted with the exam pattern and syllabus to ace the exam. The Call Letter for Interview round has been uploaded on the official website and will be available till January, 2020. Check how to prepare for IBPS PO Interview to ace this round.
According to the official site of IBPS the marks structure is quoted as below:
“The total marks allotted for the IBPS interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in IBPS interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (exam) and IBPS interview will be 80:20 respectively. The combined final scores of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in CWE and IBPS Interview. A candidate should qualify both in the CWE and IBPS PO interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.”
The typical interview time is around 30-40 minutes. The IBPS PO interview consists of questions from educational background of the candidates, personal background, current affairs, banking sector, general awareness etc. The interview panel will also grade candidates on the basis of their confidence level, grooming, dressing and demeanour.
Let us discuss how few things about educational background and knowledge will drive the interview in or against the candidate’s favour.
We will discuss a candidate’s possible questions according to his educational background.
Persons with prior knowledge of accounting should keep the following things in mind to sail through the IBPS PO Selection Procedure with ease:
- Such candidates are expected to know the day-to-day working of bank as it is a part of their curriculum. Be prepared for the basics of banking and brush up the accounting principles which will come handy during the interviews.
- Candidate should show willingness to learn things beyond conventional banking work as today’s banks are looking for candidates who can adapt to multiple roles.
- Stay confident as you are already ahead in terms of banking knowledge but be cautious to do your homework prior to the IBPS interview.
Persons with technical knowledge:
- The number of engineers that apply for IBPS PO exam is increasing every year as these exams have mathematics and engineers are good with mathematics.
- Although interviewers do have some negative perception towards engineers, but a logical and adept candidate can always create a positive impression.
- If you are a mechanical engineer, be prepared to answer questions like “What have you learned in your engineering and how can it help you in this job?” Convince the interviewer with your enthusiasm of technology and how being an engineer can give you an edge over others.
- Learn basics of banking process and stay updated with latest news about the banking sector.
Any candidate with a three year bachelor’s degree qualifies the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO. However, here are a few things that science graduates should remember before going on for the IBPS PO Interview:
- Science graduate are expected to be analytical and should be able to crunch numbers. Convince the interviewer about your mathematical prowess and make yourself apart from the rest
- Candidate should be able to infuse novel ideas in the organization from the educational background by analysing cases logically
- Candidate should be open to work in various domains and projects a holistic image of a person who can maintain good relationship with customers as well colleagues
Person specialized in Literature, humanities and philosophy etc:
- Persons with the background of Arts have out-of-the-box perspective towards problems. Use your soft skills and innovative analysing ability to impress the interviewers.
- Banking is about creating relationship based on trust and commitment, candidate should flaunt their unique understanding with customers and help the bank to project a more trustworthy image.
- Go through IBPS PO Interview Questions for Banking Awareness to get acquainted with the type of questions asked.
How to Ace IBPS PO Interview?
- Be well prepared in one or two subjects pertaining to your specialization and try to drive the interview towards those topics.
- Show enthusiasm for adopting new technology and convince them that you can bring forth such innovations in the banking sector.
- If you know someone working for a bank, ask them about day-to-day working of a bank and customer interaction.
- Read about banking news like recent mergers, NPA, RBI policies and demonetization.
- Be confident and keep a smile during an interview because customers like a happy face. Your body language says a lot abot your confidence level.
We hope this will help you put your educational knowledge to great use during IBPS PO Interview. It isn’t difficult to crack if you’ve got the confidence and communication skills. Good luck!
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.