While most of us are comfortable in an offline exam, an online exam may seem like an uphill task for . It is a big deal for candidates to actually sit for an online exam. The Countdown on the screen and the Number of questions at one side of the test window upsets a lot of aspirants’ concentration.
With the IBPS PO Prelims just round the corner, It is about time candidates should gear up their Preparation in terms of the questions and tune themselves with the Online Pattern of the IBPS PO 2017 Examination as well.
We bring you all the necessary guidelines that you need while sitting for your IBPS PO Exam
Read About IBPS 2017 Mains Preparation
Candidates can refer to the below listed points before they sit for the IBPS PO Online Test. We hope these points will help you succumb your fear and you score excellent in your IBPS Result. Follow these guidelines and you are good to go!
- A login screen will be displayed to the candidate. The candidate has to log in using his/her User ID and Password which is provided on the Call Letter.
- After logging in Candidate’s profile (Name, Roll No. & photograph etc.) will be displayed and the candidate has to confirm the same by clicked on the ‘I confirm’ button confirming the profile is correct.
- Thereafter, the instructions will be displayed on the screen.
- A candidate should read the instructions carefully and indicate that he has done so by ‘checking’ (click) the box at the bottom of the screen, after which the ‘I am ready to begin’ button is activated.
- After clicking on the ‘I am ready to begin’ button the actual test time will begin.
- In IBPS PO Preliminary Examination, there will be 100 Questions and in IBPS PO Main Examination there will be 200 Questions and each question is followed by 5 alternatives/options.
- The questions except those on English Language will be available in Hindi and in English. In order to view a given question in the other language, a candidate can click on the ‘view in’ drop down box and select the desired language.
- Only one question will be displayed at a time.
Check IBPS PO Prelims Expected Cut off 2016
- In order to answer a question, the candidate has to ‘mouse click’ the option he/she thinks is appropriate/ correct. The alternative which has been clicked on will be highlighted and shall be treated as the answer given by the candidate for the question.
- After selecting an answer for a question the candidate should click on the ‘SAVE & NEXT’ button to save his answer and proceed to the next question. Note that without clicking on ‘Save & Next’ button the answer selected for a question will not be saved.
- In case a candidate does not wish to attempt the question then he/ she should not click on any option for that question. A candidate can choose to deselect his/her answer for a particular question by clicking on the ‘CLEAR RESPONSE’ button provided against each question.
- In case a candidate wants to skip a particular question and return to it later before submitting his/her test or a candidate ‘clicks’ (selects) an answer for a particular question but wishes to review it later, he/she may note down the question number on the sheet provided. In such cases the candidate may also click on the ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’ button. In case an answer has been selected for a particular question which has been marked as ‘MARK FOR REVIEW & NEXT’, the answer marked will be taken for final evaluation.
- The question numbers of attempted and unattempted questions are also shown to the right of the screen. A candidate can then click on any of the question numbers to view the question, in order to attempt/ revise his/her answer to the question.
- Candidates are not permitted to submit their answers before the entire test time i.e 60 minutes for preliminary exam and 140 minutes for main exam, is over.
- A candidate can navigate between questions across tests in Preliminary Examination and within test in Main Examination by clicking on the question number displayed to the right of the screen.
- When a candidate clicks on a particular question, it takes some time for the question to appear. The time lost is not deducted from the total time allotted for the test.
- Under no circumstances should a candidate click on any of the ‘keyboard keys’ once the exam starts as this will lock the exam.
- Each question number will be displayed in a particular colour depending on the status of the question:
There are certain guidelines that you must know before you submit your IBPS PO answers. Candidates must note that they are not permitted to submit their answers before the entire test time is over.
Also, a candidate can only change his/ her answer before clicking the ‘Submit’ button. After the expiry of the exam duration, candidates will not be able to attempt any question or check their answers.
Last but not the least, a candidate’s answers would be automatically saved by the computer system even if he has not clicked the ‘Submit’ button.
The IBPS PO (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer exam) is conducted for selection of Probationary Officer/Management Trainee in various participating public sector banks. The IBPS PO 2016 Exam includes two stages- Prelims and Mains, that must be qualified individually. The IFBI (Institute of Finance, Banking and Insurance) conducts the IBPS PO pre-exam training for reserved & minority candidates before the IBPS PO preliminary exam.
This year, the IBPS Registration closed on August 13, 2016. The IBPS PO Prelims is going to be held in second week of October 2016 and the IBPS PO Mains shall be held on November 20, 2016.
We hope our guidelines help you excel in your IBPS PO Online Test. Sitting for an online exam is nothing different. Let the fear not take you down. Push yourself to bring the best possible marks. Good luck!