LIC HFL 2021 Preparation Tips and Strategies
LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) conducts Housing Finance Limited (HFL) exams to recruit people for the posts of Assistant, Associates and Assistant Managers of the administrative team. This exam is very valued and popular amongst the students wishing to enter this stream.
This exam is conducted on a national level and is very competitive. To crack this exam, the students have to start preparing early. Thus, even though the 2021 dates and notification are not out yet, we have provided all the details required for the students to start preparing ahead of the exams.
HFL Exam Pattern
LIC HFL 2021 Exam Pattern
The question paper will carry the objective type multiple choice and the language that is considered is only English. As mentioned earlier, negative marking is there of 0.25 for each wrong answer and if the question is left blank, no marks either will get deducted or given. The marks are divided in a uniform way between all the questions.
|Numerical ability ( For assistant and associate )
||120 minutes (2 hours)
LIC HFL 2021- Suggested Books
- Corrective English by AK Singh
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu Singh
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning in all Competitive Exams by Arihant Publications
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by AK Gupta
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by RS Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude- Chapter-wise Solved Papers by Kiran Publications
- Play with Advanced Maths by Abhinay Sharma
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- General Knowledge by Arihant Publications
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Binay Karna
HFL Preparation Tips
LIC HFL 2021 Topic-wise Preparation Strategies
- Important topics include Spot the Error, Para Jumbles, Cloze Test, Phrase Substitution, Sentence Connectors, Sentence Improvement, Spelling Mistakes, Idioms and Phrases, Fill in the Blanks, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, etc.
- Learn all the Grammar rules and solve as many exercises as possible.
- Learn new words and include them and the Grammar in daily conversations and writings.
- Inculcate a habit of reading magazines, journals, books etc everyday.
- The questions are asked from Simplification and Approximation, Number Series, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Ratio and Proportion, Speed, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Boats and Streams, Age Problems, Permutation and Combination, Probability, Mixtures and Alligations, Inequality, Interest, Profit and Loss, Average, etc.
- Solve the exercises of all the topics and make note of all the rules.
- Learn the tables, formulas and rules of every topic and revise them everyday.
- This portion has topics like Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements, Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Inequality, Data Sufficiency, Statement and Assumption, Word Formation, Syllogism, Ordering and Ranking, Alpha-neumeric Series, Input and Output, etc.
- Be fast and accurate with this topic.
- Solve puzzles as they are very important.
- Practice this topic regularly and make note of the solutions.
- Revise the solutions everyday.
- This includes Current Affairs, Important Dates, Banking Awareness, Geography, History, Books and Authors, Art and Culture, Polity, Sports, Computer Knowledge, Indian and International Economy, Invention and Technology, etc.
- Read newspapers, magazines and journals related to news, finance, banking etc.
- Read the books of General Knowledge and other topics.
- Stay updated about the current news through newspapers, television, and social media.
- Make short notes on every important topic and event to revise later.
- Regularly revise the prepared notes.
- Practice more and more numbers of mock tests, sample papers and previous years’ papers.
- Note down all the formulas, tables, rules, and exceptions and revise them everyday.
- Time yourself while solving the papers to gain speed and accuracy.
- Make short notes of every topic with important points to be able to revise it later in less time.
- Implement the rules of grammar while talking and writing notes to practice.
- Develop a habit of reading and writing content on different topics to practise syntax and grammar.
It is imperative for all the students to check out the detailed exam pattern and syllabus before they start preparing for LIC HFL 2021.
Ques: Is there a sectional timing in the LIC HFL Exam?
Ans: Yes, LIC HFL exam has sectional timing, the details of which is given above.
Ques: Does LIC prescribe any book for the HFL exam?
Ans: No, LIC does not prescribe any book. However, they are recommended by the experts and all the aspirants swear by them.
Ques: Is the exam pattern and syllabus officially prescribed by LIC?
Ans: Yes, the exam pattern and syllabus is officially prescribed by LIC in their official notification.
Ques: Is the LIC HFL Question Paper bilingual?
Ans: No, the LIC HFL question paper is only in English.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.