LIC that is called Life Insurance Corporation conducts examinations in Housing Finance Limited (HFL) to recruit for the vacant positions of the administrative team of the Corporation. It is considered one of the most important insurance examinations that are organized at the national level.
Aspirants who want to stabilize their career in this field of insurance can apply for the examination as it releases respectable vacancies for the seekers and appreciates each and every mind who applies for this opportunity.
|Mode of LIC HFL examination
||2 (online examination and interview)
||2 hours in total that is 120 minutes
||Central government job
|Job location/ placement
LIC HFL Dates
LIC HFL 2021 - Important Dates
In 2020, the LIC called Life Insurance Corporation has released required vacancies for the interested candidates and has given a chance to all the aspirants to apply and get through the procedure for filling the position.
|Official notification for 2021
||December 22, 2020
||December 22- 31, 2020
LIC HFL Eligibility
LIC HFL Eligibility criteria
There is always a set eligibility criterion for the candidates who plan to appear in any examination whether it is a national level, state-level, or even the university examinations.
Every eligibility criteria are different from others and stand out because of the types of examination and the conducting body of examination is also one of the key features on what these factors depend.
The eligibility criteria of LIC HFL examination 2021 are –
- The nationality or the citizenship of the interested candidate should be Indian.
- According to the age limit updated by the notification given on the cutoff date of 1st January 2020 is above 21 years and below 28 years.
- The educational qualification of the interested candidate should match the profile mentioned here – For an assistant post, a graduation degree with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and computer skills.
- For Associate post, graduation degree with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks and CA-Inter and computer skills.
- For an assistant manager, graduation degree (minimum aggregate 60%) and 2 years full-time MBA or 2 years full-time MMS or 2 years full-time PGDBA OR PGDBM/PGPM/PGDM and computer skills.
LIC HFL Applications
LIC HFL Application Form 2021
The application form for LIC HFL 2021 has been released in December 20, 2020, and the process ended on December 31, 2020.
The following are steps to apply for the exam:
- Visit the official website of the Life Insurance Corporation and click on LICHFL careers link and then go to the job opportunities.
- Now you have to click on ‘recruitment of assistant, associate, assistant manager’.
- Once the new page will open, download the pdf page as there is an option and then go through all the points given under the eligibility criteria section.
- Once you read all of it properly and agree to the terms and conditions and meet the profile of the eligible candidate, you can click on apply online.
- Once the application form will get open, you can fill the form with all the required information that is asked in it like name, father’s or husband’s name, qualification, DOB, Category, Email ID, contact number, scanned copy of the photograph, signature, left thumb, and handwritten declaration image.
- Then you have to pay the amount that is called an application fee charged on every interested candidate while the procedure of filling the form.
- Then you can go for the submit button. You will be registered for the examination of the Life Insurance Corporation HFL examination and will receive the registration number and the password.
- Candidates can take the e-receipt and the hardcopy of the form for further use.
Aspirants filling the application form for the vacant positions of Assistant, Assistant Manager, and Associate posts are 500/-. Also, the GST will be imposed on the total application fee under this procedure of submission which will be 18%.
- There are several options available while doing the payment of the application charge fee.
- The modes of payment available for the interested candidate to pay the charges are credit card/ debit card (Rupay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), internet banking, IMPS, cash cards/ mobile wallets, etc.
LIC HFL Pay Scale
LIC HFL Payscale
The pay scale is a fixed remuneration for a particular position in the team. Generally, different positions carry different pay scale amounts because of the work that has been bifurcated among the positions and the members. And then according to the performances and the experience, it gets increased accordingly and at a uniform rate.
Payscale for the Assistant posts:
- Basic pay is 13,980/- pm in the scale of 13980 - 860(1) – 14840 – 940(2) – 16720 – 1060(5) – 22020 – 1230(2) – 24480 – 1500(3) – 28980 – 1565(2) – 32110 and other admissible allowances.
- In total – 23,870/- per month
Payscale for Assistant manager posts:
- Basic pay is 32,815/- pm in the scale of 32815 – 1685(14) – 56405 – 1755(3) – 61670 and other admissible allowances.
- In total approximately 56,000/- per month
Payscale for Associate posts:
- Basic pay is 21,270/- pm in the scale of 21270 – 1485(3) – 25727 – 1665(15) – 50700 and other admissible allowances.
- In total approximately 35,960/- per month
LIC HFL Exam Pattern
Examination Pattern of LIC HFL
Since the procedure of selection is divided into two stages &ndash Online examination and the second stage is the interview. Then only the candidate gets selected for the applied position or also according to the obtained marks gets allotted the vacant position.
- The question paper will carry the objective type multiple choice and the language that is considered is only English.
- As mentioned earlier, negative marking is there of 0.25 for each wrong answer and if the question is left blank, no marks either will get deducted or given.
- The marks are divided in a uniform way between all the questions.
|Numerical ability ( For assistant and associate )
|Total questions, marks, and time duration
LIC HFL Syllabus
LIC HFL Syllabus
Mentioned above about the examination pattern and the subjects that are going to be covered in this online examination of Life Insurance Corporation HFL, now it is time for briefing about the syllabus those subjects will carry for the candidates that will appear for the examination.
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, distance and time
- Mixture and allegations
- Stocks and shares
- Permutation and combination
- Data interpretation
- Set theory
- Coding decoding
- Machine input output
- Data sufficiency
- Circular arrangement
- Linear arrangement
- Floor puzzle
- Verbal reasoning
- Ordering and ranking
- Arrangement and pattern
- Blood relations
- Direction and distance
- Current affairs
- Indian financial system
- Indian banking system
- Monetary plans
- National institution
- Banking terms
- Error spotting
- Passage making
- Jumble words
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence framing
LIC HFL Admit Card
LIC HFL Admit card
Once the interested candidate will apply for the examination by filling the admission application form and by submitting the whole required information, the authority will send candidates the admit card or Life Insurance Corporation HFL examination call letter. Candidates can download the admit cards from the official website as it will be available on it as the new notification and the upcoming updates.
- The admit card will contain some specific information related to the examination like examination center, examination date, enrollment number, examination time.
- This is the information without examination is not possible or the candidate won’t be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Candidates will get the confirmation of sending the admit cards through the email and the SMS on the registered phone number of yours that have been filled during the admission application form.
LIC HFL Selection Process
The selection process is divided into two stages if we look at the overview of the procedure but internally it is technically divided into four stages.
- The first stage is as already mentioned, the online examination with the basic pattern which has been already explained in detail above.
- The second stage is the interview. Candidates who will qualify the first stage according to the merit list that will get released after the examination, they will get the call for the interview.
- The authority that will be in charge or will be responsible for taking the interview will give marks to the candidates according to their performance in the personal interview.
- They will be assessed on the basis of personality and the kind of answers they are giving to the authority.
- After these two main steps of the procedure, the third stage is the l selection that includes the allotment of the vacant positions to the qualified candidates.
- The positions will be divided on the basis of combined marks obtained by a candidate in an examination and the personal interview.
- The merit list will get a lease and will decide who will get the particular vacant position that is assistant, associate, and assistant manager.
- After the completion of the d stage and selected candidates will get the job offers, the candidates will step into the d stage that will include the medical examination.
- These candidates have to undergo the various medical tests to get the medical fit certificate for the position and as it is one of the most important documents required to submit while in the procedure of getting recruited.
LIC HFL Cutoff
LIC HFL Cutoff
Cutoffs play a very vital role during the examinations. These are the marks that are set by the examination conducting authority like a benchmark and judge the performance of the interested candidates by the list that they release in a form of a cutoff list. Each year cutoff lists vary from the previous one that helps the candidates to be competitive and hardworking whereas an authority tries getting the best people for their administrative team by each year getting passed.
The cutoff list released by the Life Insurance Corporation HFL examination in the year 2018 is –
- English language – 15-25 marks
- Logical reasoning – 15-25 marks
- Numerical ability/quantitative aptitude – 15-25 marks
- General awareness – 15-25 marks
- Total – 60-100 marks
LIC HFL FAQs
LIC HFL FAQs
Ques. Is there a cut-off in LIC HFL?
Ans. Yes, LIC HFL has two types of cut-offs- sectional and overall.
Ques. What is the selection procedure for LIC HFL?
Ans. The selection procedure for LIC HFL is a written exam which is followed by a personal interview
Ques. How can I apply for the recruitment of LIC HFL?
Ans. Once the official notification is released and the applications are available, the candidates need to visit the official website and fill up the application form to apply.
Ques. What is the minimum age limit for LIC HFL?
Ans. The minimum age limit for any post of LIC HFL is 24 years.
Ques. What is the salary of the LIC HFL Assistant Manager?
Ans. The salary of a LIC HFL Assistant Manager is between INR 10-14 LPA.