IISc Bangalore will release KVPY Result 2020 on December 10, 2020. The KVPY Results are available in PDF format mentioning the roll number, application number, name and rank of candidates who have qualified KVPY 2020. Candidates can download the result PDFs from the official website- kvpy.iisc.ernet.in or from below links.
Get FREE KVPY 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
- Based on candidate’s score in aptitude test and interview, final KVPY Merit list will be prepared.
- For merit list calculation, 75% weightage will be provided to the aptitude test and 25% weightage to interview. Check the KVPY Selection Process
- KVPY scholarship amount is INR 80000 for undergraduate level and INR 1.2 lakhs for the postgraduate level.
- It must be noted by candidates that no request for re-evaluation of KVPY result is considered under any circumstance. Check KVPY Cut off
Latest: Direct Link to Check KVPY Result 2019 announced on March 20, 2020
KVPY Result 2020 PDFs
Direct Link to download KVPY Result 2020
How to Check KVPY Result 2020?
Here we have given some steps to check the KVPY 2020 result:
- Click on the official website link i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like Application Number and Date of Birth carefully.
- Date of birth should be given in the format of DD-MM-YYYY.
- After filling the details, click on the “Continue” button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check and download the result.
- Candidates don’t forget to take extra printouts of the result for further admission process.
How to Calculate KVPY Final Result 2020?
Candidates who will qualify both aptitude test and interview will be shortlisted for the KVPY 2020 Fellowships. Candidates must check below to know the criteria for evaluation of KVPY final result 2020 mentioned below:
Final Result = 75% of total marks in Aptitude Test + 25% marks in Interview
Final KVPY Result 2017 - For all Categories
KVPY Previous Year Question Paper & Answer Key
Practise the free Mock Tests(SX) during the preparation of KVPY 2020 Exam
Re-evaluation of OMR Answer Sheets
The authority may also provide the re-evaluation facility for OMR answer sheets. For re-evaluation, candidates have to submit a request letter mentioning the application/seat number and stream on or before the due date. Candidates also have to make fee payments via demand draft drawn in favor of concerned authority. Requests after the due date will not be accepted.
Solve Mock Tests (SX) for free before appearing for KVPY 2020 Exam
KVPY Cut Off 2020
The cut off will be released in two parts, i.e. aptitude test cut off and final cut off. It will be released category wise. In the table given below, we have mentioned the expected cut off for KVPY 2020 exam:
KVPY Aptitude Test Cut off:
KVPY Final Cut-off:
||50% & above
||55% & above
||55% & above
||34% & above
||45% & above
||43% & above
||34% & above
||45% & above
||43% & above
KVPY Selection Process 2020
- Candidates whose KVPY application form will be accepted called for the first stage of selection process i.e. for aptitude test.
- The aptitude test will be held on November 4, 2020 in online mode.
- The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects.
- The aptitude test is same for Stream SA, SB and SX.
- Candidates who qualify the aptitude test will be called further for the interview.
- At the time of the interview, candidate’s knowledge of science and research field are monitored.
- After the conduct of interview, the list of final selected candidates will be released.
- For the award of KVPY scholarship, candidate’s overall performance in aptitude test and interview will be considered.
- The interview round will be organized from 3rd week of January to February 2020.
- Students are informed about their interview dates, time and venue shortly by email / KVPY website.
Go through the Physics Sample Papers for practicing KVPY 2020 Exam
The Aptitude Test is carried out in two Parts namely Part I and Part II with four sections in each part. Candidates can attempt any three sections of Part 1 and any two sections of Part 2. Thus, candidates must prepare their strong subjects correctly and efficiently as per the topics in KVPY Syllabus.
- KVPY aptitude test forms the stage 1 of the KVPY scholarship program.
- The aptitude test is conducted in the pen-paper format.
- KVPY Aptitude test is designed to filter the candidates for the stage 2.
- The stage 1 is common for all the applicants.
- KVPY aptitude test contains questions from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
KVPY interview process is conducted to test the knowledge of the candidate in the field of research. The knowledge in the field of science is tested to check if the applicant is actually capable and deserves the scholarship. The combined performance of the KVPY test and interview will form the basis of the scholarship grant. Check How to Prepare for KVPY Interview?
Documents Required on the day of KVPY Interview Process –
- KVPY Application Form: The copy if the filled online KVPY Application form. The completely filled KVPY Application Form can be downloaded from the official web link using the ID and password.
- KVPY Admit Card: The original admit card along with the copy of the same.
- Original Marks List: Candidates have to bring all the marks sheets of class 10 and class 12 in original along with the photocopy. This is required for the purpose of verification.
- Cast Certificate: The cast certificate is required to be produced in original and must be valid. The OBC certificate must not be older than 6 months.
- Medical Certificate: The medical certificate is required to be produced by the candidate who indicates the physical and visual fitness. Candidates who have any issue with the physical and visual fitness must get the certificate indicating the degree of disturbance.
- A Self-Appraisal Form: Candidate must write the good qualities which must be considered to award him with the scholarship.
- Study Center Form: A form obtained from the last school indicating the completion of schooling and that must be signed by the head of the school/ Principal.
- Teacher’s Recommendation form: The form must be downloaded from the official website.
Practice Mock Tests (SA) for free during your preparation time
Candidates will be eligible for KVPY Fellowship/scholarship based on their performance in aptitude tests and interviews. The authority will award the scholarship to the selected candidates. Here, we are mentioning details about the cash which is awarded to the KVPY scholarship holders:
||Annual Contingency Grant
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
KVPY Previous Year Result Analysis
- KVPY Result Analysis helps to understand the absorption of candidates in the KVPY scholarship program under different streams.
- The KVPY result analysis for the year 2015 and year 2014 are as follows:
In the year 2015, a total of 97467 students took KVPY Exam and only 3281 students could make it up to KVPY interview round.
- This amounts to 3.4% of the total students who appeared for the exam.
- Out of these candidates shortlisted for stage 2, 77% students (2531) were selected for KVPY fellowship program.
In 2014, a total of 1169 general category candidates were shortlisted for the interview post declaration of KVPY result for Aptitude Test while for SC/ST category candidates 110 candidates were selected.
- The final selection post interview included 667 candidates from general category while 110 SC/ST candidates and 4 PwD candidates were finally selected.