KVPY 2021 Eligibility, Age Limit and Stream-Wise Eligibility
KVPY Eligibility includes age criteria, citizenship, and academic criteria for each stream. The minimum age required to apply for the SA stream is 16 years. The lower age limit for the SX stream is 17 years. The candidates who apply for the SB stream must be 18 years old.
KVPY 2020 exam conducted on 31 January 2021.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates can appear for the aptitude test if they meet the given KVPY eligibility criteria according to the Stream. Before filling KVPY 2021 Application Form, candidates should meet the given KVPY eligibility criteria.
- Only Indian candidates can apply for the KVPY Fellowship program.
For Stream SA –
- Those candidates who studied in XI Standard (Science Subjects) in the academic year of 2021 can apply for this test.
- Candidates have to score at least 75% marks (65% marks in case of the SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science & Mathematics subjects in Class X.
- Candidates have to secure a minimum of 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD) in aggregate in Science Subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join a UG program in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2021.
- During the interim period of one year, students will be invited to the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be sponsored by KVPY.
For Stream SX –
- Candidates studying in 10+2 can apply under this stream. They must score 60% in the 12th Board exam (50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates)
- Selected students fellowship will be activated only when they join an UG programme in Basic Science (B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS) in the academic year 2020-2021.
- According to KVPY eligibility criteria 2020, Candidates must secure a minimum 75% marks in class 10 while SC/ST/PwD candidates have scored 65% in aggregate of all Science subjects and Mathematics.
For Stream SB –
- Those candidates studied in 1st year of UG course in Basic Science such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS in the academic year of 2020-2020 can appear for this exam.
- Candidates have to secure at least 60% marks in case of GEN category & 50% marks in case of SC/ST/PWD category in aggregate in Science subjects in Intermediate Board Examination.
- Candidates have to obtain 60% marks (50% Marks for SC/ST/PWD category) in the 1st year final examination of B.Sc/BS/B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.Sc/MS before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
KVPY 2021 Fellowships Offered
- Two KVPY Scholarships are offered to the students who belong to any of the three streams under KVPY: Stream SA, SB and SX.
- Candidates included in the SA Stream are the ones who apply for the KVPY Exam while pursuing Class XI (with Science Subjects).
- The SX Stream comprises candidates who are appearing or have passed Class XII with science subjects in the academic session 2021.
- SB Stream includes candidates who are pursuing 1st year of the undergraduate program in Basic Sciences during the academic year 2021.
- The fellowship and the contingency grant offered to students is listed in the table below:
||Annual Contingency Grant
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of - B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.
|SA/SX/SB- during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
However, the KVPY fellowship will be stopped if the aspirants will leave the Basic Science course (B.Sc/ B.S./ B. Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ M.S.) to continue at any stage. This will be applicable also for the Annual Contingency Grant.
Check KVPY 2020-21 Question Papers
KVPY Courses in Basic Sciences
The candidates can apply for undergraduate programs in Basic Sciences through KVPY 2021. The courses included in Basic Sciences are B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat. /B.Math. /Int. M.Sc. /M.S. in the following streams:
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Who is eligible for the KVPY 2021 exam?
Ans. The aspirants, who have obtained a minimum 60% score (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science (Physics/ Biology/ Chemistry) in class XII, are eligible to apply for the KVPY 2021 exam.
Ques. What will happen after qualifying for the KVPY exam?
Ans. Once the aspirants will clear the KVPY exam, the aspirants will receive the scholarship (month;y and yearly) during their basic Science course (3 years or 5 years integrated course).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.