The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2021 (KVPY) Registration Process will start from the second week of July 2021. The official announcement on the KVPY application form 2021 and the exam dates will be announced soon on the official website (http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/). The selection process of the aspirants will be completed based on the Aptitude Test & Interview. The KVPY exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC).
The KVPY 2020 exam is all set to happen on 31st Jan 2021. The application and the test both will take place in online mode.
- Students must note all eligibility requirements before filling the KVPY 2021 application form in the online mode. Check KVPY Eligibility
- The registration forms will be available for all the streams - SA, SX and SB.
- The process for applying comprises three steps- registration, entering details and making payment.
- One must pay caution while doing the KVPY registration 2021, as further change can not be made and your application may be rejected during verification.
- Aspirants must share an average of marks (just total the marks in all semesters and divide it by total semesters) obtained in all the semesters while filling the form.
- In case you have registered for KVPY SA stream in class 11, then you will have to apply for KVPY SX stream in class 12.
Application Form Highlights
KVPY Application Form 2021 Highlights
Indian Nationals can apply
Mode of Application
Scanned Photo and Signature
INR 1000 for GEN/OBC and INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD)
KVPY Application Dates
KVPY Application Dates 2021
The dates of the KVPY Application Process 2021 have not published yet. However, the aspirants can go through the following table to know more about the tentative dates:
||Dates 2021 (Tentatively)
|Registration process starts
||2nd week of July 2021
|Last date to register
||1st week of September 2021
|KVPY 2021 exam
||1st week of November 2021
Pre-requisites for Registration
Pre-requisites for KVPY Registration
- A valid email address and an active mobile number.
- A credit card/ debit card or net banking (application fee for General & OBC category is INR 1000 and INR 500 for SC/ST/PH/Pwd).
- Proper Internet connection.
- SA Stream- Candidates applying for KVPY after Class XI have to apply under this stream.
- SX Stream- Candidates applying after Class XII have to apply under this stream.
- SB Stream- Candidates pursuing B.Sc. Basic Sciences (1st year) must apply under this stream.
Steps to Apply
How to Apply for KVPY 2021?
By following the steps given below, students can register themselves and proceed to fill the KVPY application form 2021:
- Navigate to the official website link
- Click on that link
- Now, click on the link “Login for Application”
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates have to register prior to filling the application form for KVPY 2021. They have to click on the link given above for the registration.
- They have to fill in basic details, including email id, mobile number, and date of birth, and enter the captcha to complete registration.
- Post-registration, candidates will be given a registered user Id and password.
Note: KVPY will send important information in connection with the exam and application on your registered E-mail/Mobile number, so candidates must ensure that they fill valid and correct information as it will be not be changed once it is submitted.
Step 2: Filling KVPY Application Form 2021
Candidates have to log in using their user ID and password to fill the application form of KVPY. Candidates have to fill in the following details in the KVPY application form 2021:
- Personal Details - Candidates have to fill their basic details in the KVPY application form, such as gender, category, and address, and then click on save and next
- Academic Details - Students have to fill in educational qualification details, name and address of the school or college and then click on save and next button
- Uploading Documents and Exam Preference - Here, students have to select the language, preference for the test centres (maximum 4), and upload their photograph signature. Now candidates can submit the application form after preview.
Also, check KVPY admit card 2021. Read More.
Step 3: KVPY 2021 Application Fee Payment
The fee for the KVPY application form can be paid online.
- For online mode, candidates can make the payment via credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Once the KVPY application fee 2021 is remitted, they can check the updated status of the KVPY application form 2021 after logging in.
KVPY Application Fee
|General and OBC
- After making payment candidate will be asked to check a declaration and proceed with the ‘Submit and Pay’ option.
Important Instructions Before Applying KVPY Application Form
Before starting their KVPY application process 2021, students have to first check some of the important instructions. We have listed some for you below:
- Candidates can fill the application form of KVPY 2021 in the online mode only.
- Before filling up KVPY 2021 application form, candidates must check KVPY eligibility criteria and other important instructions
- Students should keep the required documents ready before proceeding to fill KVPY application form 2021
- In case of incomplete applications or a student found to be ineligible at any stage, their candidature will be canceled right away
- The application fee for KVPY is non-refundable. No money will be returned to students in case their KVPY 2021 application form is rejected
- Before submitting the KVPY application form 2021, candidates should carefully verify the data. Once submitted, no changes in the application form will be entertained.
KVPY Application Form Submission Status
- Candidates can check the status of the KVPY 2021 application form by logging in using their user Id and password.
- It is advisable for candidates to download and keep a printout of the KVPY application form 2021 for future reference.
KVPY Application Form 2021: Correction and Preview
- Candidates must preview the application form of KVPY 2021 prior to the final submission.
- There will be no option for a correction once the form is submitted successfully.
- They must, therefore, preview the KVPY application form 2021 before submitting it.
Students must pay attention to complete the KVPY Application Process successfully. Any mistake in the registration may lead to the rejection of your application. Till then keep preparing and stay tuned for the latest updates about the KVPY Application Form 2021.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates can register for KVPY registration 2021 only after checking the complete eligibility to appear in the examination. The complete eligibility criteria are given below:
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- For Stream SA: Candidates, those studying in 11th standard with science subjects & secured 75% aggregate marks (65% marks for reserved categories) in Mathematics & science subjects in Class 10th can apply.
- For Stream SX: Candidates who studying in class 12th & score 75% marks (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in aggregate in Mathematics & science in 10th standard can also apply.
- For Stream SB: Candidates, those studying in 1st year of UG course in basic sciences & score at least 60% marks (50% for reserved categories) are also eligible. Read More KVPY 2021 Eligibility
KVPY Application Form FAQs
Ques. Some friends from my School/College are planning to take the KVPY aptitude test. Can we ask our School/College authorities to request bulk applications for us?
Ans. Candidates cannot submit KVPY Application Form through mode other than Online.
Ques. Is it necessary that the students have to study all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics?
Ans. For Stream SA, all the questions will be compulsory. In-Stream SB and Stream SX, there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics). Candidates will be allowed to answer any three of the four subjects in Part I and any two of the four subjects in Part II.
Ques. Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with a merit scholarship?
Ans. KVPY does not allow a candidate to receive simultaneously scholarships from more than one source, either government or private. In case there is a receipt of any other scholarship, he/she will have to relinquish it in order to avail of the KVPY Fellowship.
Ques. Whom should I contact in case of KVPY Test Center related queries?
Ans. The candidate’s queries can be answered via mail in case of any assistance.
Ques. I have a scanned copy of my photograph/signature/caste certificate, the file size of which exceeds the limit mentioned in the online application form. What should I do?
Ans. Only prescribed dimensions of the Scanned images are acceptable. In case the candidate exceeds it, he/she must compress the file and then upload it.
Ques. What are the examination timings?
Ans. For stream SA: Forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (reporting time: 8:30 AM), For Stream SB/SX: Afternoon 2 PM to 5 PM (reporting time: 1 PM)