Candidates should have a clear concept of the selection process and the exam pattern of the recruitment process. Candidates who wish to be part of the UPSC ISS should ensure not to miss out on this prestigious opportunity. Check UPSC IES ISS 2020 Applications Out.The UPSC Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) 2020 recruitment consists of two rounds in the selection process. Candidates who attend the recruitment drive will have to clear both the stages to be selected for the post. Those two rounds are:
- Stage-I: Written examination
- Stage-II: Interview test
Get FREE IES/ISS 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Written Exam
- The written exam will be conducted for 1000 marks.
- The written exam will consist of six papers in total.
- It will be of Subjective, Objective, and Descriptive papers in the examination.
- The time duration for Statistics-I, II in Indian Statistical Service will be 2 hours.
- The time duration for the remaining subjects will be 3 hours.
- General English and General Studies is compulsory for both IES 2020 and ISS 2020
- General English and General Studies carry 100 marks for each paper.
- The remaining subjects carry 200 marks for each subject.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answers
- In the objective papers, there will be a deduction of 0.33 marks for each wrong answer.
- There will be no negative marking for a question left blank or unanswered by the candidate.
- The candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for an interview.
Candidates should be clear of the selection process and the exam pattern of the recruitment process which would help them in preparation. Check UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Written Test Pattern and Syllabus.
UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Interview
- The final stage of the selection process will be a personal interview.
- This stage will be conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- The candidates will be tested based on their intellectual abilities, social skills, leadership qualities, and integrity of character.
- The skill of taking initiatives and their mental health & physical energy will also be assessed by the board in this stage. Candidates who manage to clear the personality test and make it to the final merit list will be selected for the post.
- The final merit list will be prepared on a total of 1200 marks, which will include both the written exam and personal interview marks.
We hope you found this article on the UPSC IES/ISS Selection Process informative and useful. You can contact us for any doubts or queries in the comments section below. You can also start preparing yourself for UPSC IES/ISS 2020. After all, self-study is the most important part of cracking your dream exam. Check UPSC IES/ISS 2020 Preparation Tips
Ques. How many stages are there in UPSC IES ISS 2020?
Ans. There are 2 stages: Written-test and an interview. candidates need to qualify both stages and shortlisted in the merit list.
Ques. What is the weightage of the UPSC ISS/IES interview?
Ans. The interview of the UPSC ISS/IES 2020 exam consists of 200 marks.
Ques. When will be the written test of UPSC IES/ISS 2020 take place?
Ans. The written test of UPSC ISS/IES 2020 has been scheduled from October 16 - 18, 2020.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.