Indian Air Force (IAF) will carry out AFCAT and EKT in a computer-based mode. The questions will be displayed in a random sequence on the computer screen. The language of the exam will be English. The duration of the exam is 150 Minutes. There will be four sections named Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and Military Aptitude
- The examination will be conducted on February 20-22, 2021.
- AFCAT Syllabus will be based on graduation level (Indian University).
The AFCAT 2021 selection process consists of three stages such as Online Exam, AFSB Interview, and Final Selection. Check AFCAT Selection Process.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2021
- The question paper will be available in the English language only.
- The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 100.
- Correct answer: +3 marks and Incorrect answer: &ndash 1 mark.
- No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
||EKT (only for technical)
|Mode of Exam
||Online i.e. computer-based
||Online i.e. computer-based
|No. of Questions
|Duration of Exam
||2 hours (120 minutes)
|Sections in Paper
||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics
AFCAT and EKT Exam Pattern in Detail
The paper pattern for both the papers in terms of exam mode, type of questions, and marking scheme is similar. Read on to get a clear idea about the same:
About AFCAT Exam Pattern
- AFCAT 2021 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
- It will consist of 100 objective questions to be solved within a duration of 120 minutes.
- The maximum mark an aspirant can score in AFCAT 2021 is 300.
About EKT Exam Pattern
- EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is meant to test a candidate’s engineering knowledge.
- The test is compulsory for candidates applying for the Technical Ground Duty branch.
- EKT 2021 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
AFCAT Marking Scheme
There has been no change in the marking scheme of AFCAT 2021. The marking scheme is given as follows:
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions.
Download Free AFCAT Sample Papers
AFCAT 2021 Standard and Syllabus
The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level. The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level.
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus of General Awareness Section
- The section is designed to test the general knowledge of the applicant.
- It will have questions to test aspirant’s awareness of ongoing, current events in various fields around the world.
- Generally, about 20 questions are asked in this section.
The main topics along for this section are given below:
- Art and Culture
- International Current Affairs
- Basic Science
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus of Verbal Ability in English
As the name of the section suggests, this segment will assess the student’s knowledge, proficiency, and comprehension in the English language. The total number of questions asked from this section will be approximately 30.
The important topics for this section are:
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Basic Grammar
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus of Quantitative Ability
- This section will test the basic mathematical ability of participants.
- Around 15 questions will be asked from this section.
- It is considered to be a relatively scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high.
The important topics for this section are as follows:
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus of Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- This section is the most important segment as maximum questions are asked in this section.
- The candidate’s mental and military aptitude is tested.
- The difficulty level is moderate and approximately 35 questions are asked from this section.
The important topics are listed below:
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Data interpretation
- Embedded Figure
- Missing Character
- Sets based on arrangements
- Rotated blocks
- Hidden figures
The following table represents the approximate number of questions asked from each section:
Section-wise Exam Pattern of AFCAT 2021 Exam
|Verbal Ability in English
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
AFCAT 2021: Reference Books
AFCAT 2021: Reference Books are given below to help students score well:
|Name of Book
|AFCAT Exam Guide 1st edition for Flying and Technical Branch
||Ramesh Publishing House
|AFCAT Solved Paper
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
|A modern approach to Verbal Reasoning
CheckBest Books for AFCAT